We hope this page can answer your questions about our services.
You can contact us at any time with further inquiries.
Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)
Did you know that…
...Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) is a medical treatment that involves using hormones that are chemically identical to the hormones naturally produced in the human body? These hormones are derived from plant sources such as yams and are designed to mimic the molecular structure of hormones such as estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone.
+ BHRT is commonly used to address hormonal imbalances that occur as a result of aging, menopause, or other factors. It can be beneficial for both men and women, although the specific hormones and dosages may vary depending on individual needs. Here are some positive benefits associated with BHRT for men and women:
Benefits for Women:
- Relief from Menopausal Symptoms: BHRT can help alleviate symptoms like hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, vaginal dryness, and sleep disturbances that are commonly experienced during menopause.
- Improved Bone Health: Hormone imbalances during menopause can increase the risk of osteoporosis. BHRT can help maintain or improve bone density, reducing the likelihood of fractures.
- Enhanced Cognitive Function: Hormonal changes can affect cognitive abilities. BHRT may help improve memory, focus, and mental clarity in menopausal women.
- Increased Libido: BHRT can help address decreased sex drive and improve sexual function in some women.
Benefits for Men:
- Increased Energy and Vitality: Hormone imbalances in men, particularly low testosterone levels, can lead to fatigue, decreased energy levels, and reduced overall vitality. BHRT can help restore hormone balance and boost energy.
- Improved Muscle Mass and Strength: Testosterone plays a crucial role in maintaining muscle mass and strength. BHRT can help men preserve muscle tissue and promote muscle growth.
- Enhanced Sexual Function: BHRT may improve libido, erectile function, and overall sexual performance in men with hormonal imbalances.
- Mental Well-being: Hormonal imbalances can affect mood and cognitive function in men. BHRT may help improve mood stability, reduce symptoms of depression, and enhance cognitive abilities.
+ Please note that BHRT should be prescribed and monitored by a qualified healthcare professional who specializes in hormone therapy. At Potomac Performance, Dr. Hodor will assess individual hormone levels, symptoms, and overall health to determine the appropriate treatment plan for you!
This means that the hormone composition within the pellet is of the exact same
chemical and molecular structure to the hormones made in our body. This allows the hormone (our “key”) to act directly on the receptor (“lock”). B/c it is bio-identical, it can do so in the same way as our own natural hormones do.
Hormones are involved in most of the body’s basic functions like digestion, appetite, immune function, brain function, libido, and mood. Low or imbalanced hormone levels can have widespread effects on your health and feeling of well-being. For many people, the solution is hormone replacement therapy, which just as it sounds, is the use of medications to replace the hormones your body isn’t producing. Hormones are messenger chemicals that tell other parts of the body how and when to work. They control almost all tasks in the body. Low or imbalanced hormone levels can have widespread effects on your health and feeling of well-being.
As men age, they experience a decline in their vitality as testosterone levels fall. This typically starts around age 40, however, most men will not experience symptoms till they are in their 50s. Symptoms associated with declining testosterone levels include:
- Declining muscle mass
- Weight gain
- Sleep disturbance
- Reduced libido
- Loss of stamina
- Possible erectile dysfunction
There are also clinical studies which have shown that a declining testosterone level is associated with an increased risk for poor cardiac health, elevated lipid levels, diabetes, reduced bone density, and prostate cancer.
Bioidentical hormone replacement (BHRT) via the use of pellets is a specific form of hormone replacement therapy that involves the gentle insertion of small, solid pellets containing hormones into the body. In men, hormone replacement pellet therapy is typically used to treat symptoms of andropause, which is the male equivalent of menopause. Some potential benefits of hormone replacement pellet therapy for men may include:
- Improved energy levels and vitality
- Enhanced sex drive and performance
- Improved mental clarity and focus
- Increased muscle mass and strength
- Improved mood and quality of life
It is important to note that hormone replacement pellet therapy is not right for everyone and may not be suitable for men with certain medical conditions or taking certain medications. It is important to discuss the potential benefits and risks of hormone replacement pellet therapy with a healthcare provider before starting treatment.
In women, BHRT is used primarily to treat the symptoms of perimenopause and menopause. However, hormone imbalances can occur at any age, even in women in their 20s. Bioidentical hormones, which are man-made from plant estrogens, have the same molecular structure and act the same as natural human hormones. The most common hormones used in BHRT for women are estrogens (estradiol (E2) and estriol (E3)) and progesterone. Testosterone, progesterone, and/or DHEA may also be part of a treatment plan for some patients.
In women, testosterone is a vital hormone for eliciting necessary physiological effects in multiple body tissues. It is important to note that testosterone is the most active sex hormone in women throughout her lifespan. As women age, reduction in testosterone leads to increased abdominal fat, hair loss, irritability, anxiety, depression, fatigue, reduced libido and orgasm potential, headaches, and a lack of well-being. There is also the benefit of reduced cardiovascular disease, reduced breast cancer risk, and improved bone density.
The 6 Key Benefits of BHRT (Women)
- Menopause Management
The most common use of BHRT is to treat the symptoms of menopause in women. These can include hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness, sleep problems, fatigue, weight gain, loss of muscle mass, foggy thinking, and mood changes.
- Loss of Bone Density
Postmenopausal osteoporosis affects many women during the first decade following menopause. Bones become brittle, fragile, and easily fractured. It is one of the most common
postmenopausal problems that doctors treat.
- Improved Heart Health
Until women reach menopause, they are protected from many cardiovascular problems by their hormones. However, once estrogen and certain adrenal hormones start to decline, women may need hormone replacement therapy to help protect their heart and blood vessels.
- Sexual Dysfunction
BHRT may help with vaginal dryness in women, decreased libido in both sexes,
and sexual functioning issues in men.
- Muscle and Strength Loss
Men and women can lose muscle mass and strength as hormone levels decrease. Hormone replacement can help patients continue enjoying their favorite sports and activities.
- Mood Disorders
Hormonal changes in menopause or andropause can cause or worsen mood swings, anxiety disorders, or depression. In addition to worry, fear, agitation, irritability, nervousness, and irrational thoughts, patients can have physical symptoms — rapid heart rate, shortness of breath, nausea, numbness, lightheadedness, shakiness, and high blood pressure.
Bioidentical hormone replacement (BHRT) via the use of pellets is a specific form of hormone replacement therapy that involves the gentle insertion of small, solid pellets containing hormones into the body. In women, hormone replacement pellet therapy is typically used to treat symptoms of menopause, such as hot flashes, night sweats, and vaginal dryness. Some potential benefits of hormone replacement pellet therapy for women may include:
- Relief of menopausal symptoms: Hormone replacement pellet therapy can help to alleviate the symptoms of menopause and improve quality of life.
- Improved bone health: Estrogen, which is one of the hormones that can be replaced with hormone replacement pellet therapy, plays a role in bone health. Hormone replacement therapy has been shown to reduce the risk of osteoporosis, a condition that causes the bones to become weak and brittle.
- Improved cardiovascular health: Some studies have suggested that hormone replacement therapy may reduce the risk of cardiovascular events such as heart attack and stroke in postmenopausal women.
It's important to note that hormone replacement pellet therapy is not right for everyone and may not be suitable for women with certain medical conditions or taking certain medications. It's important to discuss the potential benefits and risks of hormone replacement pellet therapy with a healthcare provider before starting treatment.
DID YOU KNOW THAT...
...when used as a supplement, creatine has been shown to provide several primary benefits, particularly for athletes and individuals engaged in high-intensity, short-duration activities. Here are the primary benefits of creatine:
- Increased Strength and Power: Creatine supplementation has consistently been shown to enhance strength and power performance during activities that require short, intense bursts of energy, such as weightlifting, sprinting, and jumping. It helps by replenishing the body's ATP (adenosine triphosphate) stores more rapidly, which is the primary energy source for muscle contractions.
- Improved Muscle Mass: Creatine supplementation can lead to an increase in lean body mass, including muscle mass. It promotes muscle protein synthesis, aiding in muscle growth and development. This effect is particularly evident during resistance training.
- Enhanced Anaerobic Performance: Creatine can improve performance in high-intensity, anaerobic activities, such as repeated sprints or high-intensity interval training (HIIT). It helps delay fatigue, allowing individuals to perform at a higher intensity for longer durations.
- Increased Exercise Capacity: Creatine supplementation can improve overall exercise capacity by enhancing the body's ability to tolerate high-intensity workloads. This can result in increased training volume and intensity, leading to greater adaptations and improvements in physical performance.
- Faster Recovery: Creatine has been associated with enhanced post-exercise recovery. It can help reduce muscle damage, inflammation, and oxidative stress, thereby facilitating faster recovery and reducing the time needed between training sessions.
+ It's worth noting that individual responses to creatine supplementation may vary. While these benefits are generally observed, some individuals may not experience the same level of improvement, and some may be non-responders. Additionally, creatine supplementation should be used in conjunction with a balanced diet and appropriate exercise regimen for optimal results. As with any dietary supplement, it's advisable to consult with a healthcare professional before starting creatine supplementation, particularly if you have any pre-existing medical conditions.
Vitamin B Complex
DID YOU KNOW THAT...
…that Vitamin B complex refers to a group of eight B vitamins that are essential for various bodily functions? These vitamins work together synergistically and offer several benefits when consumed as a complex. Here are the primary benefits of vitamin B complex:
- Energy Production: B vitamins play a crucial role in converting food into energy. They are involved in the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats, ensuring that the body efficiently utilizes these macronutrients for energy production. Adequate levels of B vitamins help combat fatigue and promote overall energy levels.
- Nervous System Support: B vitamins are essential for the proper functioning of the nervous system. They contribute to the production of neurotransmitters, the chemicals that facilitate communication between nerve cells. These vitamins also help maintain the myelin sheath, a protective covering around nerves, promoting optimal nerve function.
- Mental Health and Mood Regulation: Several B vitamins, such as vitamin B6, vitamin B12, and folate (B9), play a role in the synthesis and regulation of neurotransmitters like serotonin, dopamine, and GABA, which are involved in mood regulation and mental health. Adequate B vitamin levels are important for supporting emotional well-being and reducing the risk of mood disorders.
- Cardiovascular Health: Some B vitamins, such as vitamin B6, vitamin B12, and folic acid (B9), help regulate homocysteine levels in the blood. High levels of homocysteine are associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular diseases. By helping to keep homocysteine levels in check, B vitamins promote heart health.
- Red Blood Cell Formation: Vitamin B12 and folate (B9) are essential for the production of red blood cells. They play a crucial role in the formation and maturation of red blood cells, which carry oxygen throughout the body. Sufficient levels of these B vitamins are necessary to prevent anemia and maintain healthy blood cell counts.
- Skin and Hair Health: B vitamins contribute to the maintenance of healthy skin, hair, and nails. They are involved in the production of collagen, a protein that provides structure and strength to the skin and hair. B vitamins also support the renewal of skin cells and promote a healthy complexion.
- Digestive Health: B vitamins, such as thiamine (B1), riboflavin (B2), and niacin (B3), are important for maintaining a healthy digestive system. They assist in the metabolism of nutrients and support the proper functioning of the digestive organs.
+ It's important to note that while a well-balanced diet typically provides adequate B vitamins, certain individuals may have an increased need for B vitamins due to factors like age, certain health conditions, or specific dietary patterns. In such cases, supplementation or consultation with a healthcare professional can help determine the appropriate dosage and form of vitamin B complex.
Omega 3 Fatty Acids
DID YOU KNOW THAT...
...that Omega-3 fatty acids are a type of polyunsaturated fats that are considered essential because they cannot be produced by the body and must be obtained through diet or supplementation. These fatty acids, particularly eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), offer a range of health benefits. Here are the primary health benefits of omega-3 fatty acids:
- Heart Health: Omega-3 fatty acids have been extensively studied for their cardiovascular benefits. They help reduce triglyceride levels, lower blood pressure, and decrease the risk of plaque formation in the arteries. Regular consumption of omega-3s is associated with a reduced risk of heart disease, heart attacks, and strokes.
- Brain Health and Cognitive Function: DHA, a major component of omega-3 fatty acids, is highly concentrated in the brain and is crucial for its development and function. Adequate intake of omega-3s has been associated with improved cognitive function, memory, and learning abilities. It may also help reduce the risk of age-related cognitive decline and neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer's disease.
- Mood and Mental Health: Omega-3 fatty acids, particularly EPA, have shown positive effects on mental health and mood regulation. They can help alleviate symptoms of depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder. Regular consumption of omega-3s may support overall emotional well-being and contribute to a balanced mood.
- Eye Health: DHA is also a key structural component of the retina, the light-sensitive tissue at the back of the eye. Omega-3 fatty acids are essential for maintaining optimal eye health, reducing the risk of age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and dry eye syndrome.
- Inflammation and Joint Health: Omega-3s have anti-inflammatory properties, helping to reduce chronic inflammation in the body. They can be beneficial for individuals with inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, reducing joint pain, stiffness, and swelling. Omega-3s may also aid in maintaining healthy joints and preventing cartilage degeneration.
- Pregnancy and Early Development: Omega-3 fatty acids are crucial during pregnancy and early childhood. They support fetal brain and eye development, and adequate intake during pregnancy has been associated with improved cognitive and visual outcomes in infants. Omega-3s are also important for the mother's overall health during pregnancy.
- Skin Health: Omega-3 fatty acids contribute to maintaining healthy skin by supporting the skin barrier function, reducing inflammation, and promoting hydration. Regular consumption may help manage conditions like eczema, psoriasis, and acne.
+ It's important to note that while omega-3 fatty acids offer numerous health benefits, it's advisable to obtain them from dietary sources such as fatty fish (salmon, mackerel, sardines), walnuts, flaxseeds, and chia seeds. For individuals who don't consume enough omega-3-rich foods, supplementation with fish oil or algal oil capsules can be considered. As with any dietary changes or supplementation, it's recommended to consult with a healthcare professional for personalized advice.
DID YOU KNOW THAT...
...that an active probiotic refers to a live microorganism, typically a beneficial bacterium, that, when consumed in adequate amounts, can confer health benefits? Probiotics are commonly found in certain foods and dietary supplements. Here are some of the health benefits associated with consuming active probiotics:
- Improved Digestive Health: Probiotics play a crucial role in maintaining a healthy balance of bacteria in the digestive tract. They can help alleviate digestive issues such as bloating, gas, constipation, and diarrhea. Probiotics promote the breakdown and absorption of nutrients, support gut barrier function, and contribute to a healthy gut microbiome.
- Enhanced Immune Function: Probiotics have been shown to have a positive impact on the immune system. They help modulate immune responses, stimulate the production of immune cells, and enhance the body's defense against pathogens. Regular consumption of probiotics may reduce the risk and severity of respiratory infections, allergies, and certain autoimmune conditions.
- Management of Antibiotic-Associated Issues: Antibiotics can disrupt the balance of beneficial bacteria in the gut, leading to issues such as antibiotic-associated diarrhea and increased susceptibility to infections. Probiotics, when taken alongside antibiotics, can help restore the gut microbiota and reduce the risk of these side effects.
- Urinary Tract Health: Certain probiotic strains, such as Lactobacillus rhamnosus and Lactobacillus reuteri, have been shown to promote urinary tract health. They help maintain a healthy balance of bacteria in the urinary tract, reducing the risk of urinary tract infections (UTIs), particularly in women.
- Potential for Mental Health Support: Emerging research suggests a connection between the gut and the brain, known as the gut-brain axis. Probiotics may influence brain function and mental health by regulating neurotransmitter production, reducing inflammation, and improving gut barrier function. While more research is needed, probiotics show promise in supporting mental well-being and potentially reducing symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Allergy Prevention and Management: Probiotics may have a role in allergy prevention, particularly in infants and children. Certain strains have been studied for their ability to reduce the risk of allergic conditions such as eczema and food allergies. Probiotic supplementation during pregnancy and early childhood may offer protective effects.
- Oral Health: Some probiotic strains, such as Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium species, can help support oral health. They may help reduce the risk of dental caries (cavities), periodontal diseases, and bad breath by inhibiting the growth of harmful bacteria in the mouth.
+ It's important to note that the specific health benefits and efficacy of probiotics can vary depending on the strain, dosage, and individual factors. Different probiotic strains have different effects, so it's important to choose a probiotic product that contains strains that have been studied for the desired health benefits. Additionally, the effects of probiotics can vary from person to person. If you have specific health concerns, it's advisable to consult with a healthcare professional for personalized advice and guidance.
DID YOU KNOW THAT...
...that Berberine is a bioactive compound found in several plants, including goldenseal, Oregon grape, and barberry. It has been used in traditional medicine for centuries and has gained attention for its potential health benefits. Here are some of the health benefits associated with berberine:
- Blood Sugar Control: Berberine has been shown to help regulate blood sugar levels by improving insulin sensitivity and reducing insulin resistance. It can be beneficial for individuals with type 2 diabetes or those at risk of developing the condition. Berberine may help lower fasting blood glucose levels and improve glucose metabolism.
- Cholesterol Management: Berberine has demonstrated the ability to reduce total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol (often referred to as "bad" cholesterol), and triglyceride levels. It can also increase HDL cholesterol (often referred to as "good" cholesterol). These effects may contribute to improved cardiovascular health and a reduced risk of heart disease.
- Weight Management: Berberine may aid in weight loss and weight management. It has been shown to help reduce body weight, body mass index (BMI), and waist circumference. Berberine may influence several mechanisms related to metabolism, including the regulation of fat storage and appetite control.
- Anti-inflammatory Effects: Berberine exhibits anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce chronic inflammation in the body. Chronic inflammation is associated with various health conditions, including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and certain types of cancer. By reducing inflammation, berberine may contribute to overall health and disease prevention.
- Gut Health: Berberine has been shown to have antimicrobial effects against certain harmful bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites. It can help rebalance the gut microbiota, promoting a healthy microbial environment in the digestive system. Berberine may be useful in addressing gastrointestinal issues, such as diarrhea and certain infections.
- Liver Health: Berberine has protective effects on the liver and may help improve liver function. It has been studied for its potential in managing conditions such as non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and liver fibrosis. Berberine may help reduce liver fat accumulation and inflammation.
- Antioxidant Activity: Berberine exhibits antioxidant properties, which can help neutralize harmful free radicals and reduce oxidative stress. This antioxidant activity may contribute to various health benefits and the prevention of chronic diseases.
+ It's important to note that while berberine shows promise in various areas of health, it's advisable to consult with a healthcare professional before starting berberine supplementation, particularly if you have any pre-existing medical conditions or are taking other medications. They can provide guidance on the appropriate dosage and monitor its use in conjunction with your overall health management.
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that is important for maintaining healthy bones and teeth, as it helps the body absorb calcium. Vitamin D is also thought to have a number of other health benefits, including:
- Boosting the immune system: Vitamin D may help to strengthen the immune system, which can help to protect against infections and diseases.
- Regulating blood pressure: Some studies have suggested that vitamin D may help to regulate blood pressure, which can help to reduce the risk of hypertension and heart disease.
- Reducing the risk of certain cancers: Some research has suggested that vitamin D may help to reduce the risk of certain types of cancer, such as breast, prostate, and colon cancer.
- Improving mental health: Vitamin D may be involved in the regulation of mood and may be helpful in the treatment of certain mental health conditions, such as depression and anxiety.
Vitamin D is produced by the body when the skin is exposed to sunlight, and it is also found in certain foods, such as fatty fish, egg yolks, and fortified foods. Some people, such as those who have limited sun exposure and those with certain medical conditions, may be at risk of vitamin D deficiency and may benefit from taking vitamin D supplements. It's important to discuss vitamin D supplementation with a healthcare provider to determine if it is necessary and to determine the appropriate dosage.
What is ADK?
ADK is a balanced formulation of nutrients - vitamins A, D3 and K2 - that work together to maximize bone building, calcium optimization and cardiovascular health. In the case of ADK, each vitamin provides a number of health benefits that are enhanced when they work in conjunction with the other vitamins in the formula.
Vitamin A - Supports the rejuvenation of health bones and ensures bone density
Vitamin D3 - Aids calcium absorption to support bone and cardiovascular health
Vitamin K2 - Guides calcium to the bones and away from blood vessels
Revision Vitamin C Lotion - Formulated with THD Ascorbate, the most stable and lipid-soluble form of Vitamin C and includes a full line-up of antioxidants such as Vitamin E and Coenzyme Q10 to brighten dull skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and loss of firmness. Squalene hydrates for healthy, smooth skin.
The 30% concentration, time-released formula is one of the most potent and effective Vitamin C products available.
Who benefits? All skin types, ideal for those with dry, oily, sensitive or combination skin types. It increases the duration of action of your aesthetic treatments.
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that is essential for the proper functioning of the body. It is also a popular ingredient in skin care products because it is thought to have various benefits for the skin. Some potential benefits of vitamin C for the skin include:
- Protecting the skin from environmental damage: Vitamin C is an antioxidant, which means that it can help to protect the skin from the harmful effects of free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can damage cells and contribute to the development of skin aging and certain types of skin cancer.
- Promoting collagen production: Vitamin C is involved in the production of collagen, a protein that is important for skin structure and strength. Collagen production tends to decrease with age, which can lead to wrinkles and other signs of aging. Vitamin C may help to stimulate collagen production, which can help to improve the appearance of the skin.
- Brightening the skin: Vitamin C can help to brighten the skin and improve the appearance of hyperpigmentation, which is the production of excess pigment that can result in uneven skin tone.
- Reducing inflammation: Vitamin C has anti-inflammatory effects, which may make it useful in the treatment of conditions that involve inflammation, such as acne.
Vitamin C can be obtained from a variety of sources, including foods such as citrus fruits, strawberries, and leafy green vegetables, and supplements. It can also be applied topically in the form of skin care products, such as serums and creams. It's important to use vitamin C products as directed and to be aware of the potential for side effects, such as skin irritation.
Collagen is a protein that is found in the skin, bones, and connective tissue of the body. Collagen supplements are products that contain collagen or substances that are thought to promote the production of collagen in the body. Some potential benefits of collagen supplements may include:
- Improved skin health: Collagen is a major component of the skin and is involved in skin structure and strength. Collagen supplements may help to improve the appearance of the skin by reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, improving skin elasticity, and reducing the appearance of scars.
- Improved bone and joint health: Collagen is also found in bone and connective tissue, and supplements may help to support bone and joint health.
- Improved hair and nail health: Collagen is a major component of hair and nails, and supplements may help to improve the appearance and strength of hair and nails.
It's important to note that the effectiveness of collagen supplements for these and other uses has not been definitively established, and more research is needed to determine their safety and effectiveness. Collagen supplements should only be used under the guidance of a healthcare provider.
We are proud to offer Skinade as your primary collagen supplement. After completing a course of skinade, we anticipate you will appreciate the following results:
- Increased skin hydration and radiance
- Reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Increased skin suppleness
- Healthier looking hair and nails
Skinade comes in a ready-to-drink 150ml bottle. Each bottle provides a perfect ratio of liquid to functional ingredients to create one of the most advanced anti-ageing skincare products available. Just open and drink!
Skinade also comes in a 15ml liquid concentrate. Each sachet contains exactly the same level of essential nutrients as a skinade bottle. It's travel sized, so you can take it with you anywhere you go! Just stir the contents of the sachet into half a glass of cold water and drink.
To consume the same level of essential nutrients and collagen peptides you would have to take at least 20 large tablets. Collagen tablets are more difficult to ingest and assimilate into the body and are only partially absorbed.
The collagen and essential ingredients in skinade are in liquid formulation and 90% to 95% are absorbed by the body, while tablets offer an absorption rate of only 30% to 40%.
The liquid formula in skinade offers a huge advantage in terms of absorption rates. Skinade functions sublingually and isotonically ensuring that our collagen peptides and essential micro-nutrients achieve an absorption rate of 90-95% - A level that can never be matched by tablets, or powders suspended in solution.
This pentadecapeptide (15-amino acids) was discovered and isolated from human gastric secretions.
- Tissue repair – especially injured muscles / tendons / ligaments / bone via increased production of type 1 collagen in these tissues.
- Promotes healing of traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- Ideal for deep skin burns and corneal injuries.
- Cardio / neuroprotective.
- Acts systemically in the digestive tract (as it is cytoprotective) to combat leaky gut syndrome, IBS, gastro-intestinal cramping, and Crohn’s disease.
- Provides liver protection from toxic damage (i.e., alcohol / antibiotics)
- Side Effects: Minimal.
- Note: BPC-157 has been studied in several human clinical trials and is generally considered safe and relatively free of side effects, though it has not yet been approved for human use outside of clinical trials.
Copper peptides are small proteins that contain copper and are thought to have various health benefits. Some potential benefits of copper peptides include:
- Promoting wound healing: Copper peptides have been shown to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, which are proteins that are important for the repair of damaged tissue. Copper peptides may therefore be useful in promoting wound healing.
- Reducing inflammation: Copper peptides have been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects, which may make them useful in the treatment of conditions that involve inflammation, such as arthritis.
- Improving skin health: Copper peptides are sometimes used in skin care products because they are thought to improve the appearance of the skin. They may help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, improve skin texture, and reduce the appearance of scars.
It's important to note that the effectiveness of copper peptides for these and other uses has not been definitively established, and more research is needed to determine their safety and effectiveness. Copper peptides should only be used under the guidance of a healthcare provider.